Monday, January 10, 2011

Seven States To Raise Minimum Wage For 2011


It is impossible not to pick up on at least a bit of sarcasm in your posts. I’ve read through the thread here a couple of times before posting. I noted that in your very first post you said “was” in past tense about being in the military. Thank you so much for serving! There are a lot of ‘us’ out here. I served from Sep 78 – Feb 82, didn’t get the assignment I wanted, ETS’d and went to Alaska and reupped serving from Aug 83 - Sep 87 when I decided I wanted to go back to the lower 48. Same thing, let my contractua­l obligation expire, jumped a plane and raised my hand in Texas. Served there from Dec 87 until I got hurt and got a final discharge in Dec 90. I’ve got a number of friends still over there is Iraq, some are on third and forth tours. Some of your comments are thought provoking about those years I served, wouldn’t trade any of them or the friends I made. Since I don’t personally know you I can’t tell if you’re bragging or complainin­g. Maybe you’ve earned the badge but you’re looking for the chest to pin it on. Not everyone is cut out to serve, the cost of living here in this country is ridiculous and I’m thankful for the benefits I’ve earned. I wouldn’t survive without some of them.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment